College grants for single mothers enable a mom who is looking to further her education in order to find better employment. By coming across one of these grants, it will allow you to both attain your college education goal, as well as keep the money you would have spent on tuition, using it for bills or fun with your little ones. If you starting your search for college grants for single mothers, the next section will provide you with loads of details on some of the best programs out there so that you can get your education done, the freeway, which is the best way!
College Grants For Single Mothers – Different Grants
First off, before we get into the tried and true methods, it should be known that there are excellent scholarships and grants that come out of community colleges all the time when it comes to college grants for single mothers. Community colleges have many different financial aid programs, so looking into this option can be a great option when looking for single mom college grants. Here are a few other methods that offer college grants for single mothers.
- The Pell Grant is a college grant for single mothers that has been granted to many moms around the country year after year. This grant option is government funded and is for first and second-year students who don’t have the means to pay for their tuition costs. A grant from Pell is accepted at over 5400 locations and a qualified applicant can receive up to 400 – 5350 dollars for their college training. This college grants for single mothers option is the most widely used, being that there are currently over 5.4 million students within the Pell grant program
- The WISP Change Your World scholarship is a program put on by Doris Buffet who is the sister of Warren Buffet. This program was founded on the belief that “Every student who is capable, motivated and willing to work hard should have the opportunity to earn a college degree” people who are encouraged to apply are those who are highly motivated to complete their higher education but can’t because their finances are going towards family needs.
- Another excellent way to find college grants for single mothers is to use the Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity who provides college grants to students who are at need financial assistance the most. This program will offer its qualified applicants 100- 4000 dollars towards their tuition fees.
- For the single moms who have held a good GPA in high school, the Academic Competitive Grant program is another great option when looking for college grants for single mothers. If are just entering your first year of college, you can receive up to 750 dollars, and if you are going into your second year, you can be awarded up to 1300 dollars.
- Depending which state you live in, there are various different grants and scholarships that are available to single moms looking to go back to school. You can find out what is currently offered by doing a search on the internet. When you start your search, you will want to enter the name of your state followed by “governments higher education resources.” So for example California government’s higher education resources. This method of trying to obtain college grants for single mothers has been used many times and many single moms have received the money they need to go to school.
College Grants For Single Mothers – Conclusion
If you happen to exhaust all the above options and they don’t prove the worth of offering college grants for single mothers continue searching as there are many others out there. But when doing your search, in order to avoid becoming a victim of a scam, avoid all programs like spam emails on college funds and organizations who ask you to pay for their service as they are just looking to make a quick buck off people. Other than that, great luck on your search for college grants for single mothers, and remember to be relentless in your search as one will end up working out for you, in the short run or in the long run.