Home grants for single mothers can provide moms with resources needed to pay for some of most of their biggest financial responsibility they have, which is either renting or owning a home. These single mom home grants can provide you with the reassurance that you will have enough money to keep your little ones warm and safe, as well as can be used for other reasons, like repairs and even home improvement. If you are needing some assistance in for form of home grants for single mothers but don’t know where to begin or who is reputable, let us lend a helping hand, in the form of 5 different organizations you can use.
5 Home Grants For Single Mothers Organizations
Before be jump into the home grants for single moms program, if you happen to need assistance right this moment, the best thing to do is to call 311, as this number will direct you to more local assistance which can come in the form of housing as well as food assistance, Medicaid, emergency financial assistance and more.
- State Housing Finance Agency – By contacting your Housing Finance Agency in the state where you live, they can help you out by finding an affordable living for those who are low income, but need a safe spot to live.
- grants.gov – A more long-term resource that you can use not only for home grants but also a host of other grants for situations that involve being a single mom is is the site called grants.gov, which is a database full of over 900 different federal grant programs offering grants in categories such as; housing grants, business grants, utility bill grants, food assistance and much more.
- Public Housing Agency – The PHA also referred to as Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is the largest federal housing assistance program around, and provides its eligible applicants with housing vouchers that they can use with landlords who accept them. They can also assist you with resources if you are looking to; buy a home, avoiding foreclosure, applying for a grant or if you need assistance from a housing counselor and much more.
- CoAbode – CoAbode is a unique service, that provides home assistance for single mothers in the form of finding suitable roommates who are single moms as well. By providing a roommate, you can get assistance from renting a room to a compatible single mother.
- American Dream Down Payment Initiative (ADDI) – If you are looking to purchase a home, the ADDI is part of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and are funded by $200 million dollars annually, which is all dedicated to helping first-time buyers with the funds needed for down payments as well as closing costs. Another great resource you can use to find housing grants for single mothers for buying a home is Habitat For Humanity, as they are funded both federally as well as privately and help build homes for those who need it most.
Who Is Eligible For Home Grants For Single Mothers?
- US Citizen or national or qualifying alien.
- Meet the designated annual income requirements.
- Have a social security number.
What You Will Need To Apply For Home Grants For Single Mothers
When you go to apply for single mom grant programs, it is wise to have the documentation and the items that you will need to submit or prove at your disposal. The items you may need are:
- Both yours as well as your children’s social security card.
- A drivers license.
- Proof of what your income is as well as your employers contact information if you are employed.