Financial help for single mothers can be found in many great organizations out there, both local as well as on more of a national scale. Since money often times runs scarce being a single mom, this article was written as a way for you to take this financial help for single mothers programs and use them to obtain the money you need to make the situation a little less tight. Below will be 5 different methods that have been helping single moms in multiple different ways, for many years, and ones that you should apply to as soon as you are done reading this.
Financial Help For Single Mothers – 5 Great Programs
1. The first thing you will want to do that is a local resource, that can be used today, is to get into contact with all the nonprofit organizations out there that providing help. These nonprofit organizations can be found by using the following methods; yellow pages, internet searches that look like this: ex: “your city name + nonprofit organizations”. NonProfit organizations can help you with many things when it comes to financial help for single mothers, some of which include housing, tuition funds, food and more.
2. If you are looking for housing help, a great program that provides financial help for single mothers who are paying rent on a home is a program called CoAbode. This program is there for multiple reasons like finding you affordable housing, as well as finding you a roommate that is also a single mom to help you pay your rent.
3. Another great program geared towards providing financial help for single mothers is a program called WIC which stands for Women Infants and Children. WIC is one of the most widely used organizations around for mothers who are either pregnant or have children between 0 – 5. They provide you with food vouchers that can be used to purchase healthy foods for your children as well as yourself.
4. If you need help when it comes to paying your utility bills, right away call your utility provider and explain to them your situation, often times to they will provide you with a helping hand by working out a deal with you, if you tell them that you are a single mom with limited resources.
5. If you are looking for financial help for single mothers methods that help you go back to school, a great loan program that offers loans that you can use for schooling is a program called the Stafford Loan, that is provided on a needs basis. Some benefits of this program that it is very low interest currently at 3.4 – 4.5 percent, you don’t have to pay it back until you are completely finished with school, and can borrow for undergraduate students up to 12,500 dollars per year for school, and post-graduate can borrow up to over 20,000 dollars.
If you don;t want to get yourself into a loan program, there are also school grant programs that provide financial help for single mothers, some great programs are: The Pell Grant, National TEACH Grant, The Sunshine Lady Foundation and Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity. You can also get financial help for school by asking your employer, as they like their employees as educated as possible and may provide assistance.
Financial Help For Single Mothers – Conclusion
These are some great methods to use when looking for financial help for single mothers. When doing your search, be sure to keep on the look out for scams, as there are many out there who are looking to do nothing but take your money. The above methods are reputable ways, but if you are going to look elsewhere for financial help for single mothers, a great way to avoid scams is to never pay for service, as this is a scam 100 percent of the time.